Catania: where to go to the beach in the town of Etna
- Published: 6 febbraio 2015
- Category: Things to Do
- La Playa – It is the beach symbol of Catania. A long beach, fully equipped, and easily accessible from the city center both with your own transport anb by public transport.
- Praiola – In the nearby town of Giarre. It is a beach of volcanic origin in which you can overlook a deep-blue sea. This beach is also equipped with all the facilities you could wish for.
- San Giovanni Lì Cuti – From the small beach of this resort begins a dive leading to a stretch of black sand, typical of the backdrop of Catania.
- Ognina – This was once the ancient port of Catania, and even in this case the dive begins from the small beach. Going down the slope you can admire a submarine lava arc and, once you reach the bottom, several archaeological remains lying on the sand.
- Faraglioni dei Ciclopi – They are located at Aci Trezza. From the beach of this town you can reach these rocks that, as told by the legend, were thrown into the sea by Polyphemus blinded by Odysseus.
- Isola Bella Beach – In Taormina, in the province of Messina. It is one of the most beautiful beaches of Sicily, with its little island that lies just offshore.
- Acitrezza Beaches – Its beach town, located opposite the Faraglioni of the Cyclops, is of volcanic origin and consists of large black stones.
These are the best beaches near Catania. Now you just have to organize your vacation to Sicily.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/ialla