Holiday between Catania and Syracuse? These are the 5 most beautiful beaches
- Published: 1-08-2016
- Category: Places to See
The starting pint of every tour along the east cost of Sicily is Messina: moving towards south, you will see some of the most famous places on the island. Now, nothing better than a little bit of relaxation. Relaxation lying on the five most beautiful beaches between the provinces of Catania and Syracuse.
- Riviera dei Ciclopi. One of the most fascinating parts of the Sicilian coast. It is situated just north of Catania. The Riviera dei Ciclopi is, literally, a succession of small volcanic rocky beaches. Along the cost, there are two wonderful small towns to see: Acitrezza and Aci Castello.
- La Playa. This could be considered the beach of Catania par excellence. If you like long, very long and easy-to-reach beaches with all the services you may need, that’s the place for you: la Playa is eighteen kilometers long.
- Penisola della Maddalena. It is located just south of Syracuse. The area is characterized by spectacular white cliffs overlooking a turquoise and emerald sea. The homonymous beach, a small rocky cove, can be reached walking along a short path.
- Calamosche. Welcome to one of the most beautiful beaches of eastern Sicily. It is located in the Vendicari Nature Reserve and here you will hear only two sounds: the wind and the sea. Calamosche, in fact, is completely surrounded by unspoiled nature; there are no bars, beaches or any kind of service. You get to the beach walking for about ten minutes along a path surrounded by Mediterranean scrub.
- Spiaggia di San Lorenzo. In Marzamemi, a small town near Syracuse. San Lorenzo beach is a white sandy stretch touched by clear waters.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/alby2006Related articles