December 2016 short trip in Sicily: 3 good itineraries for a great vacation
- Published: 3-11-2016
- Category: Events
December 2016 is forthcoming. And it’s time for you to enjoy the short trip that you wished for so much: it’s time to visit Sicily, and it doesn’t matter if this is your first time or not. We have three good four-days itinerary that will allow you to spend a really great holiday in this wonderful place.
Itinerary #1: the east coast
- First day: Messina. The starting point of this itinerary is the city on the Strait. And in one day it’s possible to see the most beautiful places of Messina: piazza della Repubblica, viale San Martino, piazza Cairoli, via Santa Cecilia, chiesa dei Catalani, piazza Duomo, Orologio astronomico, fontana di Orione.
- Second day: Taormina. The pearl of the Mediterranean sea is another must-see stage of this holiday along Sicilian east coast: the ancient Greek theatre, the wonderful beach of Isola Bella, piazza IX Aprile, Duomo, corso Umberto, the public gardens.
- Third day: Etna. You will spend the third day on the slopes of the highest active volcano in Europe. From Catania, it’s very easy to get on the top of the volcano, both by car and by public transport. For further information, visit Parco dell’Etna official website, Parcoetna.ct.it.
- Fourth day: Catania. This city has several souls and each of them would be to discover. For the last 24 hours of the trip, the places to see are: piazza Duomo, old town centre, castello Ursino, giardino Bellini, via Etnea, the underground city.
Itinerary #2: the northwestern coast
- First day: Palermo. Only one day is barely enough to see some of the most beautiful places of Palermo: Ballarò, Quattro canti, fontana Pretoria, Cappella Palatina, Cattedrale, chiesa della Martorana, chiesa di San Cataldo.
- Second day: Cefalù. There must be a really good reason if this is one of the most beautiful Italian villages. And you will discover this reason visiting places such as the Basilica-Cattedrale, the medieval wash, the megalithic walls, the temple of Diana, Osterio Magno and the unforgettable beaches.
- Third day: Parco delle Madonie. From Palermo, it’s easy to get to Madonie park taking the A19 motorway. Once there, you will visit a real naturalistic jewel, a great place for walking in the nature.
- Fourth day: Castellammare del Golfo and San Vito Lo Capo. If you have a car or a motorcycle, take the state highway 187 towards golfo di Castellammare and follow the road signs to San Vito Lo Capo: you will be enchanted admiring of one of the most beautiful coasts of Sicily.
Itinerary #3: archaeological sites
The last of these three itineraries to spend a December 2016 short trip in Sicily is, maybe, the most fascinating. Because it will allow you to discover how ancient and suggestive is the story of this island visiting the four most beautiful Sicilian archaeological sites:
- Valle dei Templi (Agrigento)
- Mozia (Marsala, Trapani)
- Segesta (Trapani)
- Selinunte (Trapani)
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/anamsRelated articles