DiVino festival 2017, Castelbuono: a great wine festival in Sicily
- Published: 2-06-2017
- Category: Events
A real pleasure. Indeed, for many, it is a real passion. Exactly as in your case. And this wine festival seems to be suitable for you: we are talking about the 2017 edition of the DiVino festival, which will take place in Castelbuono from July 29th to 31st.
Even though the official program has not yet been announced, during the three days of the event there will be:
- July 29th: shows, presentations and conferences;
- July 30th: wine tasting in chiostro di San Francesco (a cloister);
- July 31st: Premio internazionale Gusto DiVino 2017 (an award).
An unmissable opportunity to discover not only the taste but also the culture of wine, and to meet some of the main Italian and international wine producers.
How to get there
Castelbuono is a small town located in the metropolitan city of Palermo (and Palermo is also one of the main ports for the ferries to Sicily). To get there from the Sicilian capital city:
- Take the E90 motorway towards Messina;
- Take the state highway 286;
- Follow the road signs to Castelbuono.
The journey by car takes about one hour and twenty minutes.
Not only wine
Since you are in Castelbuono and this part of Sicily is the destination of your next vacation, there are three places that you really must see (and are easy to reach):
- The first is the Parco delle Madonie: its 40,000 hectares (about the 2 per cent of Sicily’s entire territory) are a chest full of invaluable naturalistic treasures.
- The second is Cefalù: its beach is very famous, such as the other things to see here, from the medieval “wash house” to the megalithic walls.
- The third is Parco dei Nebrodi: its forests and lakes offer many possibilities for hiking.
For further information about the 2017 edition of DiVino festival (complete program, tickets, any changes), you can visit the official website of the event, Divinofestival.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/portobayeventsRelated articles