Aegadian Islands: these are the 16 most beautiful beaches on Favignana
- Published: 22-05-2017
- Category: Places to See
A succession of coves and small bays. On a 33 kilometers long jagged coast, which makes this island unique among the Aegadian Islands. The beaches of Favignana are really unforgettable. And these are the sixteen most beautiful.
- Cala Azzurra. A very famous beach. Famous because it’s very large and because the turquoise colour of its waters is incomparable.
- Lido Burrone. Even in this case, the visitor will visit a very large beach with services and facilities.
- Praia. This beach is near the village of Favignana, in front of the port, overlooked by the imposing figure of the castle of Santa Caterina.
- Cala Rossa. Another very famous beach. For the colour of its waters. And because it allows the visitor to dive into a natural area, characterized by tuff caves. Moreover, it is one of the most beautiful beaches in Sicily.
- Punta Lunga. A small marina. Here, there’s a series of small coves.
- I “Calamoni”. A beach that combines sand and flat rocks, even this not far from the village of Favignana.
- Cala Graziosa. A very small beach, with rocks and sand.
- Cala Rotonda. A pebble beach with rocks that rises from the sea.
- Marasolo. Not far from the marina of Punta Lunga, Marasolo is a beach with small and flat rocks rising from the sea.
- Preveto-Pirreca. Perhaps the most beautiful among the beaches of Favignana, with the intense blue shades of the sea, and the small rocks.
- Punta Faraglione. A little known area, but this make it even more precious, with coves, rocks and pebbles.
- Punta Sottile. A beach where there stretches of sandy beach or pebbles.
- Punta Fanfalo. Recommended for scuba diving.
- Grotta Azzurra. The origin of the name is the intense blue colour of the sea.
- Grotta dei Sospiri. This place owes its name to the similar-to-sighs noises that come from the cave in winter.
- Grotta degli Innamorati. Famous for the two specular rocks that seem to be almost looking each other.
Now, you just have to choose your favourite one among the most beautiful beaches on Favignana Island. And book the ferry trip to Sicily.
Image source: flickr.com/photos/27683973@N08Related articles