Ottobrando 2017: Floresta is full of autumn tastes
- Published: 25 settembre 2017
- Category: Events
In autumn, Sicily still has so much to offer, if you are looking for a destination for your holiday in this suggestive season. In particular, if you consider the island as your next destination, there is an event which you don’t miss: it’s the 2017 edition of Ottobrando, which will be held in Floresta since October 1.
The 2017 edition program
Ottobrando will take place on all Sunday in October, as imposes the tradition. And every Sunday will be devoted to a different product:
- October 1: Feast of “crucified potato” (the typical hooks of the area);
- October 8: The Festival of Black Pigs of Nebrodi;
- October 15: Mushroom Festival;
- October 22: Holiday of Chestnuts and Apples;
- October 29: Festival of provola.
There are all the flavors, the scents and the typical products of the sicilian autumn. With a kind of particular preference the Nebrodi provola: the original product of Floresta, whose inhabitants obviously go proud of it, this provola is strictly prepared with raw cow’s milk and lamb or kid’s rennet.
How to get
Floresta is a small town which is located in the metropolitan area of Messina (which is also one of the main ports where you can take ferries to Sicily). To get out of town on the Straits:
- Take the A20 towards Palermo;
- Take the exit Brolo-Capo d’Orlando Est;
- Take the provincial road 145 to Sinagra;
- Take the provincial road 139 to Ucria; from here, follow the signs for the highway 116 and arrive in Floresta.
The car journey takes about an hour and a half.
Autumn to live
- The starting point will be Messina and then, why not take advantage of the holiday to visit one of the most beautiful cities in Sicily? Among the places to see absolutely, there is the Cathedral, the Astronomical Clock and the Orion Fountain.
- Not far from Messina there is Etna. October is a great month to do excursions on the highest active volcano in Europe. If you are not experts, is better to be always accompanied by a park guide.
For more information on the 2017 edition of Ottobrando in Floresta (full program, how to partecipate, any changes of dates and times), you can consult the official wbsite of Floresta town, Floresta.gov.it
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/avlzz