How to get to Scala dei Turchi from the city of Catania
- Published: 8-07-2016
- Category: News & Info
It is one of the most beautiful beaches in Sicily. You are spending a holiday along the east coast. And want to see this place. So, now you need to know: how to get to Scala dei Turchi from Catania?
It is a spectacle of nature. Scala dei Turchi is a white cliff overlooking the sea between Realmonte and Porto Empedocle, near Agrigento. Wind, sea and weather have shaped it. The cliff is “protected” by two white sand beaches. You can get to the top through a limestone rock formation in the shape of a staircase.
From the top of Scala dei Turchi, the view is breathtaking.
How to get there from Catania:
- Take A19 motorway towards Palermo;
- Follow the road signs to Caltanissetta;
- Drive on state highway 640 to Maddalusa;
- From Maddalusa take state highway 115;
- Follow the road signs to Punta grande and Scala dei Turchi.
The journey by car takes about two hours.
The holiday continues
- If you’d like to spend a holiday dedicated solely to sea and sun, these are the most beautiful beaches in and near Catania, from La Playa to Acitrezza.
- Catania has many souls: Baroque, ancient, Roman, Medieval. To discover with these six itineraries.
- And the places to see in the surroundings of Catania are Etna, Acitrezza, Aci Castello, Faraglioni dei Ciclopi, Caltagirone.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/tango-Related articles