Ibla buskers 2017: the festival of street artists in Ragusa Ibla
- Published: 4 ottobre 2017
- Category: Events
You are on holiday in Sicily in October or you are about to leave. The chosen area is the eastern coast, one of the most beautiful of the whole island. We can give you a tip: take part in a very special event and, at the same time, visit an unforgettable place. The event is Ibla buskers 2017, the street artists festival in Ragusa Ibla, which will take place from 5 to 8 October.
Although this year celebrates its twenty-third edition, Ibla buskers has the same “meticcio spirit” of the origins. And in fact, the event will be a kind of melting pot: artists from all over the world will meet in the streets and squares of the baroque citadel of Ragusa Ibla, to give birth to a festival made of lights, colors, sounds and stunts.
Today, Ibla buskers is one of the most important events of its kind in southern Italy, with about 60,000 viewers every year.
A place to discover
Between the show and the other, take some time. Because:
- Ragusa Ibla is one of the most beautiful places in Sicily and going back without visiting it would be a sin;
- Ragusa Ibla is also the starting point for a very special itinerary and is definitely welcome if you follow the story of the commissar born from the pen of Master Camilleri: the places of Montalbano.
How to get
Starting from Catania (one of the main ports whwrw you can take the ferries to Sicily), to arrive in Ragusa Ibla you have to:
- Take the E35 in the south;
- Exit Lentini-Carlentini;
- Take the state road 194 to Poggio Impiso;
- Take the highway 514 and the provincial road 52 to Ragusa Ibla.
The trip by car takes about one hour and forty minutes.
For more information about Ibla buskers 2017 (complete program, how to participate, any date changes), you can consult the official website of the event, Iblabuskers.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/blangiardi