MareFestival Salina, Premio Troisi 2017: the magic of cinema and sea
- Published: 29-05-2017
- Category: Events
On one side, there is the sea, protagonist of this part of Sicily. On the other side, all the charm that only the seventh art, cinema, can give. All in an event that has become a real must for every cinema enthusiasts: the 2017 edition of MareFestival Salina will take place from July July 18th to 23rd.
What awaits you at MareFestival Salina 2017? This: feature films, short films, documentaries, appetizers, concerts, parties, exhibitions and side events. In other words, MareFestival Salina will offer you cinema, music, culture and fashion.
Like every year, there will be famous filmmakers and actors. And just like every year, the testimonial will be Maria Grazia Cucinotta.
(The 2017 will be revealed soon.)
The 3 locations
The 2017 edition of MareFestival Salina – Premio Massimo Troisi will take place in three exceptional places. Every one of them is to be discovered.
- Messina. The city on the Strait is rich in history, art and nature: in one day, you can admire its main attractions, such as the chiesa dei Catalani, the astronomical clock and the fontana di Orione.
- Milazzo. On the north coast of Sicily, not far from Messina, Milazzo is a unique mix of sea, history and culture.
- Salina. The award is dedicated to one of the best-loved Italian directors and actors ever. He shot in Salina some scenes of his most famous film: Il postino.
How to get there
Messina is one of the main ports for ferries to Sicily.
- From here, take the E90 motorway towards Palermo; it takes less than forty minutes to get to Milazzo by car.
- From the port of Milazzo, every day, several ferries bring visitors to the beautiful Salina Island.
For further information about the 2017 edition of MareFestival Salina (complete program, tickets, any changes), you can visit the official website of the event, Marefestivalsalina.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/beck32Related articles