What to see in the province of Messina: 5 unmissable places
- Published: 6 maggio 2015
- Category: Places to See
The things to see in Messina in one day are piazza della Repubblica, viale San Martino, piazza Cairoli, via Santa Cecilia, chiesa dei Catalani, piazza Duomo, fontana di Orione. And you have seen them all. But the holiday isn’t finished. Look around, the province of Messina is very large. And these are 5 unmissable places.
- Taormina. Welcome to one of Sicilian most beautiful places. The things to see in Taormina are several, such as Greek theater, the beach of Isola Bella, IX Aprile square, Duomo and Corso Umberto.
- Milazzo. Di Ponente, Vaccarella, baia del Tono, Croce di mare, baia Paradiso: Milazzo is famous for its beaches above all. But not only: this picturesque town won’t disappoint the vacationer who is looking for art, culture and culinary traditions.
- Giardini-Naxos. Another destination recommended if you want wonderful beaches. The most famous of Giardini-Naxos are Schisò, San Giovanni, Recanati, Porto Saia. This town is near Taormina.
- Nebrodi regional park. It’s between the provinces of Messina, Catania and Enna. And it’s Sicily largest protected area. Some of Nebrodi park main attractions are Rocche del Crasto, cascata del Catafurco, monte Soro, Biviere di Cesarò.
- Eolie Islands. You must see this archipelago during a holiday in Sicily. Lipari, Salina, Vulcano, Stromboli, Panarea, Alicudi and Filicudi: you can decided to visit one of this islands, or you can visit all of them during a boat excursion from Milazzo.
These are the 5 most important things to see in Messina and in its province: now that you now what to see, there’s a ferry ticket to book.