Messina: the 7 most beautiful beaches near the Strait
- Published: 25-04-2018
- Category: Places to See
Messina is a place full of history and culture. And wonderful beaches. Is the city on the Strait the destination of your next holiday in Sicily? Well, you have to know which are the seven most beautiful beaches in Messina, so you’ll find the best places where to enjoy sun, sea and lots of relaxation.
The most beautiful beaches in Messina
- Spiagge Nere di Vulcano. These black beaches are located along the northern coast of the island, and are very easy to reach from Porto di Ponente. The coastline is long, offers several services, and the sea is always quiet.
- Spiaggia di Isola Bella. In Taormina, not far from Messina. It is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in eastern Sicily. The origin of the name is the small rocky island, just ne mile long, connected to the mainland by a thin isthmus. It is a pebble beach.
- Spiaggia di Giardini Naxos. Another beautiful place that is not far from the aforementioned Taormina. Here you can find pebble and/or sandy beaches, located from Capo Schisò to Capo Taormina.
- Spiaggia Capo Alì. It is located in Alì Terme, at the same distance from Taormina and Messina, about 25 kilometers. It is a long shoreline made of pebbles, the area is almost completely untouched, smooth rocks emerge from the water and the sea is clear and transparent, with colored seabeds and rich in fish (ideal for snorkeling and diving)
- Baia del Tono. Among the most famous beaches of Milazzo, and certainly among the favorite of people from Milazzo, who still today call it ‘Ngònia, “corner”, for its particular form: it proceeds straight for miles and then suddenly bends, forming a rocky ridge that reaches out into the sea.
- Spiaggia dello Scario. On the island of Salina. Once upon a time the sailing ships for Campania made a stop. Today the Scario beach is made of pebbles and small rounded stones, surrounded by Mediterranean scrub. It is an ideal beach especially for long baths in total relaxation.
- It is located on the island of Salina too. It is a coast of pebbles and gravel with a dark color, therefore of volcanic origin, at the base of a cliff overlooking the sea. The sea corresponds to an ancient crater smoothed by water.
The most beautiful places
The beaches will be a fundamental part of this holiday but certainly not the only one. Because, to complete the trip, we also recommend you to see the most beautiful places in Messina and surroundings:
- Messina is a large and ancient city that offers a lot in terms of monuments, art and history;
- Milazzo is not far away and is also a splendid combination of history and nature;
- Finally, there are to be seen the unforgettable Taormina and Giardini-Naxos.
How to get
Now, to enjoy this holiday on the most beautiful beaches of Messina, you just have to book a ferry to Sicily that takes you to the city on the strait. Ferry on which we advise you to board a car, so you can reach all the beaches that we have indicated.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/cincinnatoRelated articles