Ottobrata zafferanese 2016: to discover the Sicilian culinary specialties
- Published: 29 agosto 2016
- Category: Events
You’d like to discover the Sicilian culinary specialties. At least, the most important and famous. Are you planning to spend a holiday in Sicily in October? In this case, the event for you is the 2016 edition of Ottobrata Zafferanese, in Zafferana Etnea, on October 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th.
Usually, Ottobrata Zafferanese consists of five different festivals:
- Sagra dell’uva (“festival of grape”)
- Sagra del miele (“festival of honey”)
- Sagra delle mele dell’Etna (“festival of Etna apple”)
- Sagra dei funghi (“festival of mushrooms”)
- Sagra delle castagne (“festival of chestnuts”)
One festival for each of the five weekends in October. The best occasion to taste some of the most traditional Sicilian culinary specialties.
Culinary specialties and not only: Ottobrata zafferanese will be enlivened by several side events, such as concerts, excursions, photography exhibitions, conferences and debates.
How to get there
Zafferana Etnea is in the province of Catania. To get there from Catania:
- Take A18 motorway and Giarre exit;
- Follow the road signs to Zafferana Etnea.
The journey by car takes about 45 minutes.
A province to discover
After you’ve tasted the Sicilian culinary specialties, it’s time to discover Catania and its province. In particular, the places that you really should see are:
- The city of Catania;
- Aci Castello and the Faraglioni dei Ciclopi (literally, “sea stacks of the cyclops”)
For further information about the 2016 edition of Ottobrata zafferanese (complete program, any changes), you can visit the official website of the event, Ottobrata.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/marketingfacts