Excursions in Palermo: a journey to Pellegrino mount
- Published: 14 settembre 2015
- Category: Things to Do
You love trekking and excursions. And you’re planning to spend a holiday in Palermo. Obviously, you have to see the beaches of the city. Like the Mondello one. And while you’ll be laying on the sand, look up: you’ll see Pellegrino mount.
That is one of the most beautiful excursions to do in Palermo. It’s a calcareous mount, 609 meters high, which in the northern side closes the gulf of Palermo and in the southern side the gulf of Mondello. In other words, this is one of the most beautiful and easy to reach zone of the city.
The main paths that take to the peak of Pellegrino mount are three:
- The Rufuliata path and the Valle del Porco path, which start from Favorita park
- Scala Vecchia, which starts from Generale Cascino square.
These are the paths if you want to do a pleasant walk. If you prefer a more adventurous excursion, there are many paths for trail running e downhill. Moreover, it’s not rare to see free climbers.
Finally, during this excursion on Pellegrino mount there are two other places you should see, wich are among the most suggestive places that Palermo has to offer to its visitors:
- Addaura’s coves, on the North-East side of the mount
- Santa Rosalia’s sanctuary, immersed in a wild nature
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/fabianavernero_miao