Palermo: these are the 8 most beautiful beaches of the Sicilian capital city
- Published: 25 aprile 2017
- Category: Places to See
Palermo is a city to visit, with its wonderful attractions. But this is also a destination where you can comfortably lie on the sand, enjoying the sun and the sea. Just one condition: you have to know what are the most beautiful beaches in and around Palermo.
- Spiaggia di Mondello. Near the old town centre of Palermo, it is one of two favourite beach by the inhabitants of Palermo. Mondello beach is an excellent choice for those seeking relaxation and for those who would like a bit ‘of fun.
- Spiaggia di Addaura. If Mondello is a sandy beach, Addaura is rocky. It is near the city centre, and less crowded than Mondello. Moreover, thanks to the presence of the rocks, it is a very suitable beach for snorkeling and diving.
- Spiaggia di capo Rama. To get there, you have to reach Terrasini town. It is a white cliff overlooking the sea and surmounted by the a sixteenth-century tower. Once you get, relaxation is assured.
- Spiaggia Magaggiari. It is located in the municipality of Cinisi. Magaggiari is a fine and golden sand beach. The water is shallow for several meters and is crystal clear. In addition to this, there are several facilities available.
- Spiaggia di capo Gallo. The visitor will find here a clear sea, ideal for snorkeling and diving. Capo Gallo is on the north part of the Gulf of Mondello.
- Isola delle Femmine. The beach of the town is a golden stretch of sand overlooking the sea of the Riserva naturale orientata Isola delle Femmine. Getting there is very easy starting from Palermo: you can choose by train, by bus and by car.
- San Vito lo Capo. A small cove, between Riserva dello Zingaro and Riserva del Monte Cofano, will welcome you. With several facilities, very long and sandy, it is also ideal for a holiday with children.
- Spiaggia di Cefalù. This is the last of the most beautiful beaches of Palermo: the characteristics of Cefalù beach are pristine sea and enchanting setting. At night, nothing better than an ice cream or a dinner in a restaurant.
The best way to see them all? It’s easy to say: book a ferry trip to Sicily.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/francescoserio1