Paragliding in Sicily: these are the best thirteen places
- Published: 12-06-2015
- Category: Things to Do
Surely, you don’t suffer from vertigo. And then, it’s appropriate to say, you like to see things from above. Especially if this is the first time that you visit a tourist destination. If you are looking for a new destination to fly with your paraglider, Sicily is waiting for you.
Sicily best places for paragliding:
- Gallodoro-Letojanni (ME)
- Monte Venere (ME)
- Patti-Capo Calavà-Gioiosa Marea (ME)
- Catenanuova-Regalbuto (EN)
- Niscemi (CL)
- Cesarò (ME)
- Rocca del Corvo-Paternò (CT)
- Finale di Pollina (PA) (vicino Cefalù)
- Punta Bianca (AG)
- Giallonardo-Siculiana (AG)
- Piana degli Albanesi (PA)
- San Vito Lo Capo (TP)
- Scilla-Bagnara Calabra (RC)
You will find excellent conditions for paragliding in all these thirteen places, both in summer and in winter. Moreover, these places are easy to reach from the respective provincial capital cities: to reach them, it is recommended to have a car, carried on the ferry.
Which is the best of these thirteen places? It’s hard to say. But, surely, there is one that you should try, because it is among the most popular: it is Gallodoro-Letojanni, near Taormina and Giardini-Naxos.
Now you know which are the best places of Sicily for paragliding but you must not forget some recommendations:
- Prudence first, always
- The equipment must be in good conditions
- If you are a beginner or you don’t know the area and the winds, ask a more experienced friend or an instructor for advices.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/photolupiRelated articles