Sicily: the 2016 edition of the Pistachio festival of Bronte
- Published: 5-09-2016
- Category: Events
Sicily in October is a great idea for a holiday: mild temperatures, low prices, and no crowd of tourists. To make this vacation really special, and to taste one of the most typical Sicilia flavours, there’s an event that you really shouldn’t miss: it’s the Pistachio festival of Bronte 2016, which will take place on September 23rd, 24th, 25th, 30th and on October 1st and 2nd.
Two weekends dedicated only to taste. The taste of the pistachio, obviously: during the days of the event, you will have the possibility to discover the oro verde di Bronte (literally, “the green gold of Bronte”) in several and various recipes prepared by famous national and international chefs.
Not only pistachio: the festival, in fact, will be also enlivened by several side events, such as exhibitions and conferences.
How to get there
Bronte is a small municipality in the province of Catania. To get there:
- Take state highway 121 to Paternò;
- From Paternò, take state highway 284 to Bronte.
The journey by car takes less that one hour.
A province to discover
The pistachio is the main reason that has brought you in Bronte. Now, there is one of the most beautiful Italian provinces to discover:
- Catania is a great and wonderful city to see: these six itineraries will make you visit its several and different sides.
- There are unforgettable beaches between Catania and Syracuse, such as Riviera dei Ciclopi, La Playa and Calamosche.
- In the surroundings of Catania, the places to absolutely see are Etna and Caltagirone.
For further information about the 2016 edition of Pistachio festival of Bronte (complete program, any changes), you can visit comune di Bronte official website, Comune.bronte.ct.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/blangiardiRelated articles