Salina Island: 4 wonderful beaches for an unforgettable holiday
- Published: 21 giugno 2016
- Category: Places to See
The sea shaped its shores and created places where to spend a vacation dedicated solely to relaxation. If the Aeolian Islands will be your next destination, Salina is the island for you. And these are its four most beautiful beaches.
- Spiaggia di Pollara. This is one of the most beautiful beaches of Aeolian Islands. Scene of Il Postino: The Postman, film by Massimo Troisi, were shot here. The volcanic coastline is made of dark stones and pebbles; the white cliffs overlooking the sea are covered with Mediterranean scrub. The Spiaggia di Pollara can be reached via a thirty-minutes-long and quite difficult path from the village of Pollara. Alternatively, you can get there by boat.
- Spiaggia dello Scario. It is on the north coast of Salina and is one of the most visited and popular beaches of the island. Stones and pebbles, the Spiaggia dello Scario a small piece of paradise overlooked by a steep cliff. The beauty and transparency of the sea is incomparable. The beach can be reached via an easy path from Malfa village: it will take only few minutes.
- Spiaggia di Santa Marina. Near the port of Santa Marina, the main town of the island. It’s a pebble beach touched by a wonderful blue sea: bathe will be a real pleasure. If you’re looking for an easy-to-reach beach for a holiday with children, on Spiaggia di Santa Marina there are several services.
- Spiaggia di Rinella. It’s the coastal hamlet of Leni, municipality on the south coast of Salina Island. The Spiaggia di Rinella is one of the few sandy beaches on the island. Dark sand that draws a perfect half moon-shaped beach. The sea in turquoise. This beach is recommended for snorkelers thanks to the submarine colours and life. Spiaggia di Rinella is easy to reach from the homonymous hamlet.
These four can be considered the most beautiful beaches of Salina. And along the rugged coast of the island there are several other places to discover.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/silvia_mc