San Vito Climbing Festival: In October the new edition 2017
- Published: 15 settembre 2017
- Category: Events
From 12 to 15 October, the 9th edition of the San Vito climbing Festival is back in the beautiful town of San Vito Lo Capo. The 2017 edition of one of the most anticipated events of the year for fans of climbing and mountain biking promises even more rich of events not to be missed. We discover what awaits us in this San Vito climbing Festival 2017.
The climbing fest
The San Vito climbing Festival is an international tourism sporting event that since 2008 attracts hundreds of athletes and enthusiasts from all over Europe with a rich program of competitions and rallies of sport climbing and mountain biking on rocks, routes and paths of this splendid glimpse of Sicily, but also many collateral events, such as an important film festival of Mountain and adventure films, conferences and meetings with guests of honor and a funny slackline show.
San Vito Lo Capo
Also this year is an exceptional location like that of San Vito Lo Capo to host the festival. This touristic pearl of Sicily offers many things to see as:
- one of the most beautiful beaches to go in October;
- one of the symbol places of the island as the Zingaro nature reserve.
How to get there
Starting from Palermo, in less than two hours you will be in San Vito Lo Capo. Here are the directions to follow:
- take the E90 to the west;
- exit at Castellammare del Golfo;
- from the town centre of Castellammare del Golfo, take first the state road 187 and then the country road 16 following the indications to San Vito Lo Capo.
For more information on how to participate and the program of the 2017 edition of the San Vito climbing Festival, you can consult the official website of the event.