San Vito Lo Capo climbing fest 2016: climbing overlooking the sea of Sicily
- Published: 10-10-2016
- Category: Events
In October, the temperatures in Sicily are really, really pleasant and the weather is really, really good. Can you imagine better conditions for your favourite sport, which in this case is the climbing? And we also have the perfect event for you: it is the San Vito Lo Capo climbing fest, from October 13th to 16th, 2016.
The climbing fest
The core of this event is a mix of climbing, mountain biking, and a film festival of adventure films. Every year, thousands of climbing enthusiasts arrive in San Vito Lo Capo for this event.
San Vito Lo Capo
Climbing and not only. Because there are several things to see in San Vito Lo Capo. Need a good itinerary?
- The santuario-fortezza (a fortress-sanctuary) of San Vito Lo is the symbol of the village. Don’t forget to see the lighthouse, the chapel of Santa Crescenzia, via Venza and the Museo del mare.
- The San Vito Lo Capo beach is one of the most beautiful beaches of Sicily. And it’s not the only in this part of the island: there are also Santa Margherita, Isola delle Femmine, tonnara dell’Uzzo and cala Capreria.
- And, finally, we have four ideas for great excursions: Riserva naturale dello Zingaro, tonnara del Secco, Erice and Segesta.
How to get there
- Take E90 motorway towards west;
- Take Castellammare del Golfo exit;
- From Castellammare del Golfo, take state highway 187 and county road 16 following the road signs to San Vito Lo Capo.
The journey by car takes less than two hours.
For further information about the 2016 edition of San Vito Lo Capo climbing fest (how to join, any changes), you can visit the official website of the event, Sanvitoclimbingfestival.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/127303402@N02Related articles