Autumn holiday in Sicily: 3 ideas to plan this pleasant journey
- Published: 26 agosto 2016
- Category: Things to Do
Officially, Autumn starts on September 23rd. Usually, it is associated with the end of the holidays. With the exception of Sicily. That, even in the Autumn, has still so much to offer.
1. The itineraries
The situation is this: pleasant temperatures, no crowd of tourists, good weather, lower prices. Can you rally imagine best conditions to visit Sicily? The recommended itineraries are these:
- Easter Sicily tour (in seven days): Messina (first and secondo day), Taormina, Catania, Etna, Syracuse (sixth and seventh day).
- Northwestern Sicily tour (in seven days): Palermo, Isola delle Femmine, Castellammare del Golfo and San Vito Lo Capo, Erice, Cefalù, Favignana, Segesta.
These two itineraries will allow you to see some of the most beautiful places in Sicily.
2. The events
In Autumn, some of the most important Sicilian events take place. These are great ideas to discover traditions, folklore and culinary specialties of this ancient land. In particular, the main events are:
- Sagra del pistacchio di Bronte, in the province of Catania, (usually, it takes place between late September and early October);
- Ottobrata zafferanese, in Zafferana Etnea, in the province of Catania (usually, it takes place in October).
3. The beaches
The Summer is ended but you still want to enjoy a beach holiday. That’s another good reason to choose Sicily. From late September and early October, the temperatures are simply ideal to bathe in a wonderful sea or lay on a white sand beach.
The best part of Sicily for this kind of holiday? It’s the western coast. And the best beaches are: Addaura, San Vito Lo Capo, Scopello, Isola delle Femmine, Cala Rossa.
These are the ideas to plan the holiday. Now, there’s only one thing that you have to do: book a ferry trip to Sicily.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/francescobros