Sicily, Capo d’Orlando blues 2016: music, contests and street food
- Published: 25 luglio 2016
- Category: Events
Music, contests and street food: these are the three words that can describe the Capo d’Orlando blues 2016. From July 31st to August 7th, eight days that will make your holidays in Sicily even more special.
- July 31st, Sunday: Giuliana Fugazzotto, Sta terra non fa pi mia (book presentation) | Mario Insegna & Co., Racconti di blues (concert).
- August 2nd, Tuesday: Bayou Moonshiners (concert) | Taste the road (street food).
- August 4rt, Thursday: Baba and Djana Sissoko (blues/jazz concert) | Taste the road (street food).
- August 5th, Friday: Dead Shrimp (blues concert) | NIGGA RADIO (concert) | Taste the road (street food).
- August 6th, Saturday: Mario Venuti (concert).
- August 7th, Sunday: Noa e Gil Dor (concert).
In addition to this, there will be several side events and contests.
A place to visit
From Capo d’Orlando, you have the possibility to visit some of the Sicilian most beautiful palces:
- Madonie Park, one of the largest in Sicily;
- Aeolian Islands, famous for their beaches:
- The city of Messina.
How to get there
Messina is the main port near Capo d’Orlando. To get there from the city on the Strait:
- Take E90 road to Palermo;
- Take Brolo-Capo d’Orlando Est exit;
- Take state highway 113 and follow the road signs to Capo d’Orlando.
The journey by car takes about one hour.
For further information about the 2016 edition of Capo d’Orlando blues (complete program, tickets), you can visit the official website of the event, Capodorlandoblues.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/derohlsen