Why visit Sicily in winter? We have 5 (good) reasons to plan the journey
- Published: 9 gennaio 2017
- Category: News & Info
The question is this: why visit Sicily in winter? It is not possible to give only one response. Because the reasons for a holiday in this beautiful land between late December and early March are really several. And these five are the most important.
- Because the things to do, even in winter, are so many. There are ancient cities, events such as Christmas, New Year and Carnival, itineraries along the wonderful coast. It all depends on the type of vacation you would like to spend.
- Because, if you are a winter sports enthusiasts, there is Etna. Yes, the slopes of the European highest active volcano. In winter, Etna becomes a paradise for skiers. The ski resorts are two: Linguaglossa and Nicolosi. If you’re looking for an idea for a ski holiday, you’ve found it.
- Because temperatures are milder than the other Italian regions. You don’t like the rigors of winter. In Sicily, average temperatures are high. Of course, not enough to bathe in the sea but you will enjoy some beautiful sunny days.
- Because you’ll feel the sensation that Sicily is all for you. There’s no crowd of tourists. And you will find the perfect conditions to discover history, culture and nature of this island. Maybe, this could be considered the best reason to visit Sicily in winter.
- Last (but not least): in winter, you’ll spend a very cheap holiday. Because both hotels/B&B and ferry trip are not expensive in this season. And this is very important detail. Especially if you’ll have the chance to visit an unforgettable place such as Sicily.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/alessandrogrussu