You want to know: Sicily in summer, where to go? Here there are 3 ideas for you
- Published: 19-05-2017
- Category: Places to See
A destination that can satisfy everyone: holidays dedicated to relaxation, nature, excursions, sightseeing. This is the famous Trinacria, as the ancient Greeks called it. And where to go for an unforgettable summer in Sicily?
Sicily is a large, great land with an ancient history (that has left many findings) and a spectacular nature. However, the time of a vacation is never enough and you want to spend it in the best way. In this regard, we have three ideas for you.
Are you wondering what are the most beautiful Sicilian islands? It’s hard to make a list; all of these small jewels should be seen at least once. Among the Aegadian Islands, the must-see places are Favignana for its beaches, Levanzo with the marina and the picturesque village.
Among the Aeolian, there are Alicudi and Filicudi with their jagged coasts, the coves and the nature of Panarea, Lipari with its many coves and mild climate, Stromboli with its black sand. Each of these islands has its own characteristics that make it unique.
If your ideal summer is to discover the beautiful cities, in Sicily you will only be spoiled for choice.
- Such as Palermo, the capital and main town of the island.
- Also Catania is very highly recommended, a city with many souls, and rich in historical, cultural and naturalistic attractions.
- Finally, among the Sicilian must-see cities there is also Messina, the city on the Strait, famous not only for its history but also for its cuisine and its beaches.
Now, you have to choose one: northwestern Sicily or east Sicily?
- In the first case, you can follow this itinerary of the most beautiful beaches in western Sicily: along this part of the coast, you’ll find some of the most beautiful beaches of the whole island, such as Addaura, San Vito Lo Capo, Riserva naturale orientata dello Zingaro and Isola delle Femmine.
- In the second case, the beaches of eastern Sicily can satisfy everyone. In particular, between Catania and Messina there is one of the most beach in the world: Isola Bella, in Taormina.
Many possibilities, so many places and cities to see, and suitable for any kind of vacation. Have you decided where to go during your summer in Sicily? Now, there is one thing to do: book the ferry trip.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/gafreaxRelated articles