Skiing on Etna, Sicily: the ski resort of Nicolosi
- Published: 20 novembre 2015
- Category: Things to Do
Skiing in Sicily is your idea for the winter vacation. Because you can practice your favorite sport and, at the same time, visit an island that has much to offer. And since you need some ideas, there would be the ski resort of Nicolosi, on the southern side of Etna.
The ski resort
Nicolosi, not only for its ski runs and services, is a recommended destination to reach the summit craters of Etna in a short time. The resort was completely rebuilt recently, so it has modern and efficient structures.
Ski runs and ski lifts
The ski runs of Nicolosi ski resort are six:
- 5 red ski runs (2 Montagnola – 1 Piano dell’Omino – 1 Piccolo Rifugio – 1 Monti Silvestri)
- 1 blue ski run (Montagnola)
You can reach the ski runs by:
- 3 ski lifts
- 1 cablecar
- 1 chair lift
Ski schools and accommodation facilities
Sojourn here will not be a problem. There are several hotels near the ski resort. Alternatively, you might decide to stay in the town of Nicolosi. If you are beginners and it’s the first/second time that you ski, there are several ski schools.
How to get there
Nicolosi ski resort is near Catania. To get there:
- Take the county road 10 following the signs for Nicolosi
- Once you arrive in Nicolosi, take the county road 92 that will bring you to rifugio Sapienza (a mountain shelter on Etna)
The trip by car takes less than one hour.
Fonte immagine: Flickr.com/photos/visitfinland