Steve McCurry icons 2016 in Palermo: there are 5 things you should know
- Published: 26 ottobre 2016
- Category: Events
The first day of the exhibition was October 15th. Steve McCurry icons will continue until February 19th, 2017. In other words, you still have several months to see the great masterpieces by one of the greatest masters of photography of all times. And there are five things you should know.
- Where. The exhibition takes place at the GAM, the Gallery of Modern Art of Palermo, located in via Sant’Anna. It is in a central part of Palermo (near the Norman Palace, the old village and marina) and is very easy to reach by foot or by public transport.
- Photos. The exhibition, with more than one hundred shots made by the American photojournalist during his long career, collects the best photos by McCurry. Every picture is a stage in a journey from Afghanistan (Sharbat Gula is the subject of Afghan girl) to Pakistan, from Myanmar to China.
- Opening time. From Tuesday to Sunday, from 9:30am to 6:30pm. Closed on Monday. The ticket office closes at 5:30pm.
- Tickets. Full price ticket: 9 euros. Reduced price ticket: 7 euros (for groups of 15 or more, visitors between 19 and 25 years, over 65). Entrance is free for minors, school groups, disabled, and tourist guides.
- Further information. For further information about the exhibition Steve McCurry icons in Palermo (full list of photos, any changes), you can visit the official website of the event, Stevemccurryicons.it.
Image source: Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=25404821