Tango fest Palermo 2017: international masters and an exceptional location
- Published: 31-05-2017
- Category: Events
The tango. The sea. A stunning location. The starry sky illuminating a large nave. What else can you desire during a vacation dedicated to the pleasure of your favourite dance? And that is exactly what the Tango fest Palermo 2017 will give you from July 27th to 30th.
The masters will be:
- Sofia Saborido & Pablo Inza;
- Maja Petrovic’ & Marko Miljievic’;
- Gianpiero Galdi & Maria Filali.
More than fifty hours of tango in an exceptional location: the central nave of the church of Santa Maria dello Spasimo, a place that is part of the Arab-Norman itinerary of Palermo, Unesco world heritage.
A four-day event dedicated to tango, as already said. However, don’t forget that you are in one of the most beautiful cities of the Tyrrhenian Sea. And so:
- You can visit Palermo in one day and discover its main attractions: just for example, we can mention Ballarò, Quattro Canti and Fontana Pretoria.
- Since the event will take place in late July, there are all the conditions to enjoy some of the most beautiful beaches in Palermo: places such as Mondello, Magaggiari and San Vito Lo Capo are real small paradises.
- Finally, there are also lovely small towns to see near Palermo, such as Terrasini, Cinisi and Scopello.
How to get there
Getting to Palermo is easy: just book your ferry to Sicily, departing from some of the main ports on the mainland, such as Genoa, Civitavecchia, Naples and Cagliari.
For further information about the 2017 edition of Palermo tango fest (complete program, tickets, any changes), you can visit the official website of the event, Tangofestpalermo.com.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/sko26Related articles