Sicily: 7 towns to visit near Palermo [GALLERY]
- Published: 8 maggio 2015
- Category: Events
You have visited Palermo in one day. And you have seen the most beautiful places of Sicily capital city. But your holiday continues. There are these 7 towns to see, among the most beautiful near Palermo.
- Terrasini. On Castellammare Gulf. Famous for its beaches, Terrasini is a picturesque town built around Piazza Duomo, dedicated to Maria Santissima delle Grazie, and villa San Giuseppe, a small “green lung”.
- Cinisi. A place where the beauty of nature is combined with the beauty of history. In fact, Cinisi is an old town, dating back to Ancient Rome. Nearby there is Magaggiari beach, among the most beautiful of this side of Sicily.
- Scopello. A hamlet of Castellammare del Golfo town. The landscape is dominated by the sea, with small rocks that rise from the water. Recommended for a holiday dedicated to relaxation.
- Santa Margherita Belice. Built 400 meters a.s.l., the two most important places to see here are Museo della Memoria (a museum with hundreds of photographs of the Belice Valley and its nine towns before the violent earthquake of 1968) and Museo del Gattopardo.
- Polizzi Generosa. Narrow streets and ancient buildings. Madonie park surrounds the whole town. Immerse yourself in an atmosphere rich in traditions and made of slow rhythms. This is Polizzi Generosa.
- Cefalù. The things to see in Cefalù are several, from cathedral to the medieval lavoir, from megalithic walls to city theater. And, of course, there are its enviable beaches, such as Lungomare, Caldura, Salinelle.
- Salemi. An Arab-medieval city built on a hill which overlooks Belice valley. Every turn of its streets is a constant surprise.
These are the 7 towns to visit near Palermo. To see them all, you just have to book a ferry ticket to Sicily.