The most beautiful waterfalls of Sicily: 5 places that you really should see
- Published: 10-08-2016
- Category: Places to See
Sicily never stops to amaze, in particular for its nature. After beaches, mountains and national parks, there are five places you should really visit if you are a nature’s lover: we are talking of the five most beautiful waterfalls of Sicily.
- Cavagrande. Between the towns of Avola, Noto and Syracuse, in the province of Syracuse. The Nature Reserve of Cavagrande is famous for his long canyon. Down in the valley, there is a system of small waterfalls and lakes that can be reached by taking the suggestive Scala cruci.
- Oxena. In the municipality of Militello in Val di Catania, part of the metropolitan area of Catania there are Oxena waterfalls, formed by the course of the torrent, and are active during all the year.
- Catafurco. One of the best places to visit in the park of Nebrodi. The Catafurco’s waterfalls is a jump of about thirty meters from the stream of San Basilio. Who was there describes the place as a small paradise in the countryside.
- Valle delle cascate. In the area of Mistretta, a small town in the Nebrodi Park, in the province of Messina. The so-called Valle delle Cascate was formed over the centuries by the passage of three streams. To get to the most beautiful places, better to rely on an experienced guide.
- Cascata delle Due rocche. In the area of the town of Corleone, near Palermo. It’s better to be prepared because get to the waterfall of Due Rocche is not simple at all. But it is a place that is really worth seeing for its unspoilt nature and the spectacular waterfall.
Fonte immagine: Flickr.com/photos/121175465@N05Related articles