Exploring Sicily: five landmarks of the island
- pubblicato: 15 marzo 2017
- categoria: Things to Do
The richness of the Sicilian territory in terms of history, art, nature and traditions is unmatched by any other place. Ruled by many different oppressors from a wide variety of countries in the past, Sicily is now a beautiful island, where its nature, past and present are a perfect match, with landmarks of the present and old days mixing together.
The following infographic highlights five of the most noteworthy, distinctive and beautiful natural and historic attractions Sicily has to offer.
- The Ancient theatre of Taormina is a wonderful Greek testimony in Taormina, a city dubbed as “the pearl of the Mediterranean”.
- The Etna Park offers the opportunity to enjoy nature trails with unforgettable views around one of the largest active volcanoes in Europe.
- The Valley of the Temples, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is an ideal place for taking a dip in the Hellenistic period.
- Scala dei Turchi, which, according to many, is in itself one of the most amazing natural landscapes you can see on the island, is an ideal place for enjoying a relaxing day by the sea.
- Finally, Zingaro Nature Reserve deserves a special mention, as it is home to some of the most beautiful beaches, many uncontaminated places, and a great variety of wildlife.
Sicily is waiting for you, with its power to fill you with an endless number of emotions. Select the ferry to Sicily that suits you best and let yourself be captivated by the charm of the island.