Ypsigrock 2016: for a holiday in Sicily to the sound of indie rock
- Published: 11 luglio 2016
- Category: Events
“No artist will ever play twice at Ypsigrock with the same project”: this is the true spirit of an event that over the years has become a major event for all indie rock fans. In 2016, Ypsigrock will be held, as always in Castelbuono, in August from 4 to 7.
- August 5, on Friday: The Vaccines, Mudhoney, Georgia, Oscar, The Vryll Society, Birthh, Lim, Il cielo di Bagdad, Torakiki.
- August 6, on Saturday: Crystal Castles, Kiasmos, Luh, Loyle Carner, Federico Albanese, Niagara, Capibara, Yombe.
- August 7, on Sunday: Daughter, Savages, Minor Victories, Giant Sand, Willis, Earl Beal, Daniele Sciolla.
Castelbuono is not only famous for Ypsigrock. It is also famous for another reason: here it is located one of the most beautiful castles of Sicily, built in 1316. The stage will be set up at the foot of the Norman castle, which from its seven hundred years of history will guide the performances of the most innovative artists.
How to get to Castelbuono
Castelbuono is located in the province of Palermo and could be an excellent idea for an excursion during a holiday in the Sicilian capital.
- From Palermo, take the E90, towards Messina.
- Shortly after St. Ambrogio, take the exit for State Road 286.
- Follow the signs to Castelbuono
The journey by car takes about an hour and twenty.
For more information on Ypsigrock 2016 (tickets, possible changes in dates and programme), please visit the official event website, Ypsigrock.com.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/planetworld